The Governor Premium Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Elevate Your Health and Meals with the Best Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the Market
A very fine extra virgin olive oil from Corfu island, with fresh aroma and taste, rich in texture and healthy antioxidants. An excellent extra virgin olive oil from Corfu island, with fresh aroma and flavour, rich in texture and beneficial antioxidants. The Governor Olive Oil is exclusively produced from a centenarian “lianolia” 100 – 500 years old olive tree variety existing only on the island of Corfu.
- 100% Premium high phenolic, early harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Produced naturally with minimal impact on the environment, non-irrigated and no use of chemicals. Cold pressed within hours at lower-than-normal temperatures. Olives are harvested early from trees ranging from 100 to 500 years old.
- Early harvest, the olives are picked a few weeks after those used for our limited edition. Still extremely high in polyphenols, consistently 2 x greater than the EU health claim regulation. High in oleocanthal and oleacein.
- Low yield, maximum quality. Only 9000-11000 bottles are produced each year.
- Used by many of our customers for gastronomy as well as for its health benefits.
- Supplied in 500ml bottles.
- Producer, The Dafnis family
- Family farm, Olive Fabrica
- Country of origin, Corfu
- Harvest date October 2023
- Tasting notes. A robust EVOO with the aroma of fresh cut grass. Fruity, earthy, grassy with a long peppery finish. Not quite as peppery as our Limited edition due to the lower polyphenol levels.
Polyphenol Content - Certificate of analysis will be published as soon as it is available.
Harvest of 2022 Product Specification
|Aghios Matthaios – Corfu
|Lianolia Kerkiras (100%)
|Oleocanthal + Oleacein (index D1)
|Ligstroside aglycon (monoaldehyde form)
|Oleuropein aglycon (monoaldehyde form)
|Ligstroside aglycon (dialdehyde form)
|Oleuropein aglycon (dialdehyde form)
|Total tyrosol derivatives
|Total hydroxytyrosol derivatives
|Total phenols analyzed
Download the CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS 2022 from the World Olive Center for Health.
We ship within five working days using a Royal Mail 48 hr tracked and signed for service.
10% of all purchases will be donated to the Pink Ribbon Foundation.
Supporting those affected by breast cancer.
Healthy Extra Virgin Olive Oil Recipes
Many people choose extra virgin olive oil simply for the delicious flavour and aroma that it adds to any dish but beyond its culinary use, it is also incredibly nutritious and acts as a wonderful health supplement that helps us to feel full and satisfied for longer, which can be an important aid in weight loss.
Benefits of olive oil
High phenolic EVOO is the healthiest and highest quality extra virgin olive oil.
HP olive oils are made from unripe green olives harvested early in the season, which are processed using specific methods that preserve their high phenolic content. They must pass sensory and chemical tests plus a chemical analysis of polyphenol levels.
The Governor was the first ever to be awarded the health claim. It was scientifically tested at the University of Athens and compared with the results of 700 other olive oil samples, from 30 different olive varieties from around the world. It was found to contain 7 x higher than the average samples.
The Governor EVOO contains consistently between 1000-1500 mg/kg (total phenols) 1000 mg/kg (Oleocanthal and Oleacein) These phenolic antioxidant compounds have been found to possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties which have been associated with decreased inflammation, improved cognitive function, lower incidence of diabetes, and improved cardiovascular health.
In comparison to other extra virgin olive oils you may find in the shops they can vary significantly and range from anything between 50-250mg/kg
Take the first step towards a healthier lifestyle and order our premium extra virgin olive oil.