The Governor Limited Edition Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Elevate Your Health and Meals with the Best Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the Market
Produced drop by drop with meticulous care, this first batch of limited edition, early-harvest fresh olive juice is full of concentrated goodness. Intense spicy, bitter, and fruity with cutting grass and artichoke notes.
Take a spoonful or a”shot” on an empty stomach for ultimate absorption of the healing molecules. These rituals are still practised in Mediterranean countries today and your body will readily absorb them to put them to good use! The Governor Olive Oil is exclusively produced from a centenarian “lianolia” 500 years old olive tree existing only on the island of Corfu.
- The Governor Limited edition is 100% Premium high phenolic, early harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Produced naturally with minimal impact on the environment, non-irrigated and no use of chemicals. Cold pressed within hours at lower-than-normal temperatures. Olives are picked from trees ranging from 100 to 500 years old.
- Supplied in limited quantities. Only 7000 – 9000 500ml bottles are produced each year, each individual hand-numbered.
- Awarded the 1st EU health claim, consistently 5 x greater in polyphenol levels set by the EU health claim regulation. Particularly high in Oleocanthal and Oleacein.
- Used by scientists in ongoing medical research and trials for various cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Producer, The Dafnis family
- The family farm, Olive Fabrica
- Country of origin Corfu, Greece
- Harvest date October 2023
- A robust EVOO, gentle aromas of fresh cut grass, tasting notes, freshly cut grass, artichokes, and herbs, fruity with a long, intense peppery finish. This is a sign of high oleocanthal polyphenol, an antioxidant compound. Amazing length and complexity.
Polyphenol Content - Certificate of analysis will be published as soon as it is available.
Harvest of 2022 Product Specification
|Aghios Matthaios – Corfu
|Lianolia Kerkiras (100%)
|Oleocanthal + Oleacein (index D1)
|Ligstroside aglycon (monoaldehyde form)
|Oleuropein aglycon (monoaldehyde form)
|Ligstroside aglycon (dialdehyde form)
|Oleuropein aglycon (dialdehyde form)
|Total tyrosol derivatives
|Total hydroxytyrosol derivatives
|Total phenols analyzed
Download the CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS 2022 from the World Olive Center for Health.
We ship within five working days using a Royal Mail 48 hr tracked and signed for service.
10% of all purchases will be donated to the Pink Ribbon Foundation.
Supporting those affected by breast cancer.
Healthy Extra Virgin Olive Oil Recipes
Many people choose extra virgin olive oil simply for the delicious flavour and aroma that it adds to any dish but beyond its culinary use, it is also incredibly nutritious and acts as a wonderful health supplement that helps us to feel full and satisfied for longer, which can be an important aid in weight loss.
Benefits of olive oil
High phenolic EVOO is the healthiest and highest quality extra virgin olive oil.
HP olive oils are made from unripe green olives harvested early in the season, which are processed using specific methods that preserve their high phenolic content. They must pass sensory and chemical tests plus a chemical analysis of polyphenol levels.
The Governor was the first ever to be awarded the health claim. It was scientifically tested at the University of Athens and compared with the results of 700 other olive oil samples, from 30 different olive varieties from around the world. It was found to contain 7 x higher than the average samples.
The Governor EVOO contains consistently between 1000-1500 mg/kg (total phenols) 1000 mg/kg (Oleocanthal and Oleacein) These phenolic antioxidant compounds have been found to possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties which have been associated with decreased inflammation, improved cognitive function, lower incidence of diabetes, and improved cardiovascular health.
In comparison to other extra virgin olive oils you may find in the shops they can vary significantly and range from anything between 50-250mg/kg
Take the first step towards a healthier lifestyle and order our premium extra virgin olive oil.