Jerk Chicken Recipe
Jerk Chicken with a celeriac, red pepper, mango & pineapple salad
Bringing some Caribbean spice into your day with this delicious jerk chicken salad. The “Jerk" style of cooking actually refers to poking holes in the meat to allow the spicy marinade to permeate deeper. Our EVOO with its fresh, grassy and pepperiness adds a wonderful flavour and helps to keep the chicken moist. I am serving this with this delicious salad that is full of nutritious veggies and fruit adding a sweetness to contrast the spicy chicken.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 red onion
- 5 spring onions
- 2 Scotch bonnet chillies, deseeded
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 120ml soy sauce
- 120ml apple cider vinegar
- juice 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp Governor EVOO
For the salad
- 1/2 celeriac, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tin black beans
- 100g crumbled feta
- 100g rocket
- sliced almonds
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a blender and blitz, reserving 2 tbsp for the dressing. Poke the chicken with a skewer and coat with marinade, leave in the fridge for at least 4 hrs, overnight if possible.
- Heat oven to 180C, place celeriac, sweet potato, red pepper in a baking dish, drizzle with EVOO, cook for 30 mins until softened.
- Heat 1 tbsp EVOO in a large frying pan to medium, add chicken, leave to cook for 10 mins then turn and cook for another 10 mins.
- Whisk remaining marinade with 1 tbsp EVOO. Place the cooked veggies in a bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients and toss to coat. Serve with the chicken.
The Governor has been so far studied for...
The polyphenols in the Governor EVOO are measured by NMR - Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. NMR is very expensive to use but it is proven to be the most accurate way for producers to identify their olive oil as high phenolic olive oil.
The oleocanthal concentration in EVOO can vary considerably. This is due to several factors, including the variety of olive, geographical location of the olive trees, olive maturity when pressing, cultivation and production techniques.
Alzheimer and cancer cells at the ULM and hunter college of New York ( Cornel University)
- Extra virgin olive oil enhances the blood-brain barrier function in Mild Cognitive impairment - Published Published December 2022
- Oleocanthal Attenuates Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Progression and Recurrence by Targeting SMYD2 - Published July 2022
- The effect of Dietary Intervention with high oleocanthal and oleacein olive oil in patients with early stage chronic Leukemia - Published 21 January 2022
- Oleocanthal is inhibiting lung cancer – published 11 June 2020
- Safety Evaluation of single dose of Oleocanthal – published 20th January 2020
- Oleocanthal combine with lapatinib treatmentsynergized against HER 2 breast cancer – published 15th February 2020
- Oleocanthal rich restores the blood – brain barrier – Accepted 12th June 2019
- Oleocanthal on its oral anti breast cancer activity – published 9th April 2019
- Optimization of taste masked oleocanthal – 5 October 2019
- Oleocanthal rich enhances donepezil effect by reducing amyloid b and toxicity of Alzheimer disease – 8th may 2018
Oleocanthal is the most important health-promoting molecule in extra virgin olive oil,
and The Governor contains one of the highest concentrations of Oleocanthal ever recorded.
Dr. Prokopios Magiatis and Dr. Eleni Melliou are at the forefront of olive oil research. Dr. Magiatis is a co-founder and vice-president of the Oleocanthal International Society and co-founder of the World Olive Center for Health in Athens. Dr. Melliou is co-founder and general secretary of the Oleocanthal International Society and co-founder of the World Olive Centre for Health in Athens.
The World Olive Centre is a specialised organisation dedicated to the study of the health beneﬁt’s of Olive oil. Its main objective is to provide support for clinical trials using high phenolic extra virgin olive oil.
Prokopios Magiatis research is focused on the isolation, chemical synthesis and bioactivity of natural products especially olive oil. He is an expert on the analyses and measurement of bioactive compounds like oleocanthal in olive oil. Dr. Eleni Melliou research is focused on the chemistry of natural products and particularly on isolation and structural identiﬁcation of bioactive small molecules from foods with the use of chromatographic and spectroscopic methods.
“We can certify that The Governor is an extremely rare extra virgin olive oil that stands out from the usual oils. It is an oil highly recommended to all consumers looking for olive oil with enhanced properties for health protection”
Prokopios Magiatis, Associate Professor – Athens University Faculty of Pharmacy